Labels

Monday, September 5, 2011

Just discovered Tinariwen: a Tuareg bluesband

No miracle when it comes to the way I discovered them, but a big deal of musical magic as a well a big surprise for this guy who does not know much about so-called worldmusic.

So, on a row
  • I very simply decided to give Tinariwen a try after reading an article in a Belgian magazine;
  • magic is that I really like both albums I have found, that is one recorded in 2002 (The Radio Tisdas Sessions) and the other in 2009 (Imidiwan : Companions);
  • the big surprise: I had no idea at all (shame on me) that Tuaregs had integrated blues - rock elements to produce their own musical style! 
Hoping you feel curious and eager to listen how they sound I just throw a few links here:
Enjoy and be suprized!

No comments:

Post a Comment